Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Friday 1 October 2010

Repackaging my boxes

The nice thing about talking to people down here is that you quickly learn what you didn't need to bring, as well as what you really, really ought to have taken with you.

So today I pulled a few things out of my boxes that I could have left at home - the AdmOff has a shelf for us to store bags and boxes on, so we can bring things home on first leave. I also taken the time to unpack my field rations and repackage them into about 2/3rds of the space. The real benefit of that isn't the space saved (I got plenty of room in my big box), nor the fact that I could sift out the stuff I don't want*, but that I could organize like items with each other and that I would learn what dry goods I actually have.


 One of my field rations, pulled at random. 5000 kcal in a portable package, just add water.
Close up of the label. This ration is clearly a Tropical Menu #4... whatever that is.
The first 3rd of the ration, breakfast:
  • Sunshine cereal w/ cantaloupe
  • Energy bar
  • Energy drink
  • Cocoa
  • Biscuits
  • Jam
  • Candy
  • Coffee
  • Chewing gum
  • Wet wipe
  • Chlorine tablet
Second 3rd, lunch:
  • Sweet'n sour chicken
  • Energy bar
  • Energy drink
  • Cocoa
  • Biscuits
  • Fish spread
  • Raisins
  • Coffee
  • Chewing gum
  • Wet wipe
  • Chlorine tablet
Last 3rd, the dinner:
  • Cod and potato stew
  • Energy bar
  • Energy drink
  • Black currant drink
  • Raisings
  • Coffee
  • Chewing gum
  • Wet wipe
  • Chlorine tablet
*) Hard candy? No thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment