Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Saturday 9 October 2010

So long Khartoum!

In a few short hours I'll be on my way to the airport to grab a flight to Juba... wont be back in Khartoum until I'm passing by on leave.

It's with mixed feelings I see my stay here at the Norwegian House come to an end... in one way it's sad, because the AdminOff does a very, very good job at making us feel welcome here - making the House a little safe haven in a strange and confusing city.

On the other hand... our training is done, and the last couple of days have been spent waiting, waiting and waiting. Not that Brrrista Caramellos at the local coffee shop is a bad thing, but one cant really have more than one a day. I at least reach a point where there is little more to do than simply kill time... at least I've had good company for shooting the shit with.

So I guess this is the end of the first chapter of my African Adventure - tomorrow the next part begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment