Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Friday 11 March 2011

My very "own" car

Every thing we have in the Team Site have to have a "owner" - someone responsible for keeping the paperwork in order and yell at people to fix stuff that breaks. As part of the normal routine of UNMOs coming and going, equipment is handed over from "old hands" to "newcomers". So today I accepted a car... one of our better cars in fact - even if that don't say much, considering that 6 out of 6 cars are old and busted.

I guess it's part of the irony of the UN that the guy whom I received the car from later in the afternoon got his recommendation from Sector for a six months extension, meaning he'll still be here when I leave the mission...

It's one of our better cars, but it is still a junker...

No comments:

Post a Comment