Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Thursday 17 March 2011

Metal fatigue and popcorn

It's not often I have to pull on my technical expertice down here, but today was one of those day. The mount for the High Frequency radio antenna on one of our cars broke - and it was a matter of a quick look to determine that it was indeed a textbook case of metal fatigue... obvious if you what to look for, really.

Later in the day I went shopping, since I had run out of bottled water and running short on bread. Swinging by the local supermarket, I spotted a tasty treat on the shelf and decided to splurge... not that 5 SDP is really splurging.

No comments:

Post a Comment