Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Monday 24 January 2011

Going on Long Duration Patrol

Tomorrow morning I'll he heading out on my first Long Duration Patrol - as patrol leader, no less. And while it might have been nice to have been on one before I set out as the one running th show, I have to admit that of the ones going I may be the best choice. Not that the others are not good or lazy - it's just that this is a patrol of newbies. And off the new guys, I been here long enough to become an old hand...
Probably way to much stuff for a couple of days, but better to put too much stuff in the car than too little. Clockwise; my electronic bookshelf, spare batteries, my GPS, two packs of Digestive crackers, mess kit, bread, coffee, peanut butter, dehydrated dinners, sat-phone, flashlight, mosquito repellent, hand sanitizer and my little computer.

Off course, in addition, I'll carry spare clothes, sleeping bag and mosquito net, as well as the standard patrol kit.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're prepared for just about anything, HM. :) Hope it goes well and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete