Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Friday 28 January 2011

Back from Long Duration Patrol

While it was nice to be on patrol, it certainly is nice to be back in the Team Site again - even more so after a nice, warm and long shower.

There is a few lessons learned from this, my first, Long Duration Patrol:

  • What I consider fairly standard outfit - mosquito dome, sleeping bag, portable alcohol stove - will be oh-ed and awed over by the other UNMOs and the Force Protections.
  • The less standard kit I carry - me Eee and my Sony Reader - even more so.
  • Bring less food.
  • Bring more civilian clothes.
  • Sunrises in deepest Africa can be awesome.
  • Starry nights in deepest Africa even more so.
  • The GPS is invaluable.
  • Writing the report from a LDP takes much longer time than from a SDP.
I still need to go through the tons of photos and select a few dozen for posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment