Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Thursday 2 June 2011

Tasty dinner

It's not often I take out the "fine china", but today I decided to pull out all the stops and make fancy dinner.

Well, fancy for being container cooking. It turned out quite yummy, but I probably ate too much of it. I'm rather stuffed right now.
 One tin of chicken luncheon meat (84% meat!) and two local red onions. I rather like the red onions, they have a slightly sweet taste.
 The can came with a handy, dandy church key for tearing it open - which is good since my cheap can opener I bought in Khartoum is getting rather dull...
 That is one square chicken.... the meat is rather firm, and I was tempted to just eat it cold. But the onions were already in the pan, so I forged ahead with my original plan.
 Slices about 1 cm - or about 2/5" - were quickly cut, and stacked while I waited for the onions to finish.
With the onions out of the pan, I packed the sliced chicken meat into my small frying pan and heated it well. It made a nice crust as it fried up.
Speaking of onions...
Ready to eat: such a luxurious meal deserved my fancy place and good flatware.

No comments:

Post a Comment