Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Saturday 9 April 2011

Just another Saturday in Yei

A reasonable slow day, yet busy. Funny how things work that way...

In the morning we had a short training session on how to deal with helicopters arriving after dark, complete with setting out the landing lights and radio procedures. In the afternoon I did some housework and shopping, and in the evening we kept The Blue open again. Had about a dozen guests all told - both UN staff and NGOs. If we can keep The Blue open every weekend, the word will spread quickly and the next party (which I think will be the weekend I get back to Yei after my upcoming leave) will be a smash hit.

AC managed to sneak her way to a bowl of milk both for lunch and for an evening snack, and paid me back by kneading my leg and arm as she was a lapcat for all of five minutes. Kittens are fun, but have the attention span of a goldfish - any odd noise must be investigated!

Tomorrow I'll start packing my bags; I'll be heading up to Juba on Monday for a meeting of all the Norwegian UNMOs, and onward to Khartoum on Tuesday so I can catch the very, very early flight on Wednesday to head home for my leave. And by very early I mean 0120... the bars in Yei haven't even closed for the night at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment