Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Tuesday 16 November 2010

More of the other stuffs

It is amazing how quickly the human brain accepts the new and different things as normal - which explains why the pace of this blog have slowed down a bit I think.

I do laundry once or twice a week but while the laundromat still is of the "elbow grease and lots of splashing around" style, I now consider that to be just part of life down here. I cook in my container almost every day, but again that's just how things are supposed to be these days. We drive on the same roads every day, but now I don't really think of them as bad anymore - unless we get stuck (so far I've been lucky). And I do try to get my walking in every day, but that's something I ought to do while home as well...

Some of the things that don't happen often enough to become routine:
- The Team Site Leader has returned from his leave - and is leaving the mission in less than a week.
- We gotten two new UNMOs posted to our Team Site - one from Peru, the other from Nepal.
- Last week we had two vehicle breakdowns - one in Yei, with doors that would not open, and one in the bush, with a broken steering rod.
- Eid al-Adha, the muslim holiday, is coming up - and we still have no reply from Sector if we should take the day of or not (it's a UN holiday in Sudan, or part of Sudan, or maybe in name only... who knows, cause we don't).

1 comment:

  1. You just answered a question I had, one of my kids is missing school for her religious holiday and my co-workers expect me to know and now I have info when I get pestered with questions today. Ty MP! XD

    ReplyDelete