Disclaimer

Everything posted here is stricktly the opinion of the poster and shall not be taken to be the official position of UNMIS, UNMISS, UN, the Norwegian Armed Forces or any other organisation whatsoever.

Sunday 10 May 2009

Going to Finland

Flights that short are a bore - too long to just zone out, too short to actually do anything. But here I am, and it's good so far. just shy of three dozen officers in class, apperantly, some norwegians, some danes, a few finns and probably a handfull of others too. I'll know more tomorrow.
The rooms are good, for what they are, two officers to the room and plenty of room to swing a cat around it. Showers and toiletts down the hall, but a sink in the room. And even better; free coffee at the students coffee bar on the second floor :)
Downsides so far; only finnish television, the on site network throws a wobble when confromted with Linux on my netbook (but I'll keep trying - got a few aces up my sleeve, and in the meantime I have the provided laptop) and breakfast in another building. I'll live...
Next up: put sheets on the bed and see about getting some sleep.
HM

No comments:

Post a Comment